Based in Zürich, Switzerland
10 March, 2021
FIRST STRIKE is a fast-paced real-time strategy game where you play one of the twelve biggest nuclear superpowers of the world from known superpowers like the USA to an upstart hellraiser like North Korea and try to be the last one remaining when the whole world blows to smithereens. Now the beloved strategy game that sets the Doomsday Clock ticking and puts players fingers on the button of a horrifying nuclear arsenal, is getting a remaster just in time to celebrate the 7-year anniversary of its original release. The new First Strike has been completely rebuilt and now is more stable, more beautiful and has more cunning enemies than ever.
First Launch 2014, many Updates, many international Awards and a first Steam launch in 2017 - Classic Launch 2021 and more soon!
- Twelve playable nuclear superpowers - You decide which real-world superpower you play, from the USA to Russia, China or North Korea.
- Devastating superweapons - Build twelve technologically advanced rockets, from Tridents to the TSAR, unique to each nation.
- Build rockets and missiles, conquer territories and research new devastating nuclear technologies.
- Control the world - shoot and defend against nuclear rockets on a 3D globe.
- Improvements of the remaster:
- First Strike's classic fast-paced strategy gameplay - completely remastered!
- New artificial intelligence with new behaviors
- Refreshed graphical user interface
- Social Hub for the fan community
- Update serves as base for future expansions, planned for summer 2021
First Strike: Classic - English YouTube
First Strike: Classic - Chinese YouTube
First Strike: Classic - Deutsch YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "A thought provoking and fast-paced strategy game, murdering millions with the flick of a finger in First Strike will make you laugh and cry."
- Harry Slater, pocketgamer.co.uk
- "I tip my hat to Blindflug, a well made and well developed game with a solid message"
- Kevin Lynch, calmdowntom.com
- "You dance with your own species annihilation, whereas you might chocke on your own success"
- Juerg Luibl, 4players.de
- "First Strike is a gorgeous game with a message that doesnt forget that its a game."
- Carter Dotson, 148apps.com
- "the nuclear war game that you feel guilty for Loving"
- Stephen Yuen, androidspin.com
- "First Strike is a unique case where the arcade gameplay perfectly combines with the serious strategic component"
- , gamelook.ru
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Blindflug Studios
About Blindflug: We are an indie game studio founded in 2014 by Jeremy Spillmann and Moritz Zumbühl, based in Zürich, Switzerland and Poznań, Poland. Our mission is simple: We want to create beautiful, imaginative and incredibly fun games, that center around real-world dilemmas. We believe that games are an incredible medium for allowing players to experience the most complex of problems while being hugely entertaining too! Our first title First Strike, a nuclear war RTS game, has been played by more than eleven million players so far. It was followed up by the highly critical acclaimed Cloud Chasers that explores the topic of migration, the dieselpunk action game Airheart and the Apple Arcade launch title Stellar Commanders. With over 50 nominations and prizes at international awards and festivals, like the Best GDC Pitch and German Developer Innovation Prize, Blindflug is one of the standout indie game studios in Europe.
Blindflug also works for innovative clients and helps them find new ways of communication with video games. Like Finance Mission Heroes, the first game in the Swiss-German curriculum that teaches kids financial literacy; Enter - IT Security Training, a puzzle game that tests your feel for digital loopholes; and (re)format Z:, a stealth game about the Swiss Protestant Reformation that tells the story of a similar revolution in a dystopian Zurich.
More information on Blindflug Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
First Strike: Classic Credits
Executive Producer / Game Design
Creative Direction / Game Design
3D Art, Animation, Effects
Technical Lead / Programming
User Interface Design