Based in Zürich, Switzerland
31 May, 2017
First Strike, the beloved mobile strategy title that sets the Doomsday Clock ticking and puts players’ fingers on the button of a horrifying nuclear arsenal, is coming to PC players everywhere on 31st May. Fully optimised for PC with new control systems, a graphical upgrade and Steam support, the game also features double the number of super weapons for more strategic options and a new Diplomacy Mode, allowing players to form non-attack treaties with superpowers and stab them in the back.
- Twelve Playable Nuclear superpowers - You decide which real world superpower you play, from the USA to Russia, China or North Korea
- Devastating Superweapons - Build twelve technologically advanced rockets, from Tridents to the TSAR, unique to each Alliance
- Build Rockets and Missiles, conquer territories and research new devastating nuclear technologies.
- Control the world - shoot and defend against nuclear rockets on a 3D globe.
- Exclusive new Non-Attack-Pact system - Search for Pact partners and team up against enemies
- High resolution texture rework - Brand new reworks including night lights, bump maps, HD options and star constellations just for PC
- Fast paced strategy gameplay - Each round of first strike takes between half and hour and an hour to complete.
- First Strike was finalist and winner of numerous game awards worldwide.
First Strike: Final Hour - English YouTube
First Strike: Final Hour - Interview with the developers YouTube
First Strike: Final Hour - Deutsch YouTube
First Strike: Final Hour - Chinese YouTube
First Strike: Final Hour - French YouTube
First Strike: Final Hour - Russian YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "First Strike: Winner “Best Mobile Game”" Indie Prize Amsterdam
- "Winner “Most Innovative Game”" Best App Ever Awards
- "Winner “Game of the Year”" Best of Swiss Apps Awards
- "Winner “Newcomer of the Year”" SwissICT Awards
- "Finalist “Best Strategy Game”" Best App Ever Awards
- "Finalist “Best International Game”" Ludicious Game Festival
- "Finalist “Best Hardcore Game”" Game Connection USA Awards
- "Finalist “Most Innovative Game”" Game Connection USA Awards
- "Finalist “Best Upcoming Game”" International Mobiel Game Awards
- "Finalist “Most Meaningful Play”" International Mobiel Game Awards
- "Finalist “Best Swiss Game”" SGDA Awards
- "Finalist “Master of the Year”" Best of Swiss Apps Awards
- "A thought provoking and fast-paced strategy game, murdering millions with the flick of a finger in First Strike will make you laugh and cry."
- Harry Slater, pocketgamer.co.uk
- "I tip my hat to Blindflug, a well made and well developed game with a solid message"
- Kevin Lynch, calmdowntom.com
- "You dance with your own species annihilation, whereas you might chocke on your own “success”"
- Jörg Luibl, 4players.de
- "First Strike is a gorgeous game with a message that doesn’t forget that it’s a game."
- Carter Dotson, 148apps.com
- "the nuclear war game that you feel guilty for Loving"
- Stephen Yuen, androidspin.com
- "First Strike is a unique case where the arcade gameplay perfectly combines with the serious strategic component"
- Андрей Воробьёв, gamelook.ru
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Blindflug Studios
About Blindflug: We are an indie game studio founded in 2014 by Jeremy Spillmann and Moritz Zumbühl, based in Zürich, Switzerland and Poznań, Poland. Our mission is simple: We want to create beautiful, imaginative and incredibly fun games, that center around real-world dilemmas. We believe that games are an incredible medium for allowing players to experience the most complex of problems while being hugely entertaining too! Our first title First Strike, a nuclear war RTS game, has been played by more than eleven million players so far. It was followed up by the highly critical acclaimed Cloud Chasers that explores the topic of migration, the dieselpunk action game Airheart and the Apple Arcade launch title Stellar Commanders. With over 50 nominations and prizes at international awards and festivals, like the Best GDC Pitch and German Developer Innovation Prize, Blindflug is one of the standout indie game studios in Europe.
Blindflug also works for innovative clients and helps them find new ways of communication with video games. Like Finance Mission Heroes, the first game in the Swiss-German curriculum that teaches kids financial literacy; Enter - IT Security Training, a puzzle game that tests your feel for digital loopholes; and (re)format Z:, a stealth game about the Swiss Protestant Reformation that tells the story of a similar revolution in a dystopian Zurich.
More information on Blindflug Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
First Strike: Final Hour Credits
Programmer - Project Manager
Michel Barengo, Freelancer
Nicky Hochmuth, Freelancer Programmer
Fine Swiss Coding
Graphics - Concept Art
Marketeer - Project Manager
3D Modeling - Animation
Marketing - Communication