Based in Zürich, Switzerland
19th September, 2019 - Apple Arcade / 20th February, 2020 - Steam
Stellar Commanders is a fast-paced multiplayer real time strategy game that pits player against player in a bid to take control of distant planets as part of an inter-galactic war for precious resources. In a future filled with conflict and scarcity, earth’s most precious metal is found to exist in small planetoids. To seize control of the Iridium buried beneath the surface of these celestial bodies, players must first engage their enemies on the surface in a tactical land grab. Is it more efficient to become a destructive force that subdues the enemy opposition, or better to be a surgical, strategic conqueror that snatches key territory quickly? Players must decide based on the terrain, available resources and their opposition, taking action before seven minutes is up. The speedy 1 vs 1 battles will see each player align with a different faction and choose units based on a deep roster of unlockable futuristic troops; from rockets, tanks and stealth generators to bombastic orbital satellites, all of which will help determine tactical decisions. This is our first multiplayer strategy game and one that we’ve been excited about for some time – it seemed like a perfect next step after the huge success of First Strike. Combining the First Strike community’s feedback about making a multiplayer strategy title with our own love of ‘90s RTS games has resulted in Stellar Commanders, which will have all the fast-paced fun of a modern, tactical RTS as well as a touch of nostalgia.
- 1v1 multiplayer battles - Play against your Friends in an epic 1 on 1 Fight.
- Use 5 unique unit types - Attackers, Defenders, Conquerors, Supporters and Orbital Strikes are awaiting your commands.
- Choose your faction - Choose between the aggressive Sons and Daughters of Barovia and the expansion-oriented United Coalition of the World.
- Release the Superweapon - Build your devastating Iridium rocket to annihilate half the planet.
- Fast and intense gameplay - A battle only lasts 7 minutes, then the planet collapses. You have to act fast and smart.
- Fight on the ground and in the air - Use Conquerer units to take the planets under your control. Smash your opponent with Attackers and show them who owns the planet.
- Earn in-game rewards and unlock amazing new units and colorful skins on the black market of Tantalus station to expand your collection.
- The latest major update - The Friend and Foe Update - expands Stellar Commanders with:
- Friends Assembly – Matchmake with a friend by just sharing a code and play together to unlock new units and rewards!
- Explorer’s Path – Experience new single-player story campaigns for all three factions and play daily missions that provide new challenges.
- New content – With more new units, players now have 60 playable units to choose from and define their strategy. The Friend and Foe Update also adds new skin sets and two new maps – Grindill and Forseti.
Stellar Commanders: The Friend and Foe Update Trailer YouTube
Stellar Commanders Steam Trailer YouTube
Stellar Commanders Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GDC 2019" Winner - GDC Pitch 2019 - Game Developers Conference GDC
- "Swissgames" Winner - Interactive Media Grant - Pro Helvetia Swiss Arts Council
- "Apple Arcade Launch Title"
About Blindflug Studios
About Blindflug: We are an indie game studio founded in 2014 by Jeremy Spillmann and Moritz Zumbühl, based in Zürich, Switzerland and Poznań, Poland. Our mission is simple: We want to create beautiful, imaginative and incredibly fun games, that center around real-world dilemmas. We believe that games are an incredible medium for allowing players to experience the most complex of problems while being hugely entertaining too! Our first title First Strike, a nuclear war RTS game, has been played by more than eleven million players so far. It was followed up by the highly critical acclaimed Cloud Chasers that explores the topic of migration, the dieselpunk action game Airheart and the Apple Arcade launch title Stellar Commanders. With over 50 nominations and prizes at international awards and festivals, like the Best GDC Pitch and German Developer Innovation Prize, Blindflug is one of the standout indie game studios in Europe.
Blindflug also works for innovative clients and helps them find new ways of communication with video games. Like Finance Mission Heroes, the first game in the Swiss-German curriculum that teaches kids financial literacy; Enter - IT Security Training, a puzzle game that tests your feel for digital loopholes; and (re)format Z:, a stealth game about the Swiss Protestant Reformation that tells the story of a similar revolution in a dystopian Zurich.
More information on Blindflug Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stellar Commanders Credits
Creative Lead, Game Design - 2D Art
3D Art - Animation
Programming - UI
Programming - Networking
User Interface Design
Pipeline and Release Management
Testing and QA
Testing and QA
Game Design Assistance
Game Design Assistance
Marketing and Communication Management
Marketing and Communication Management Assistance
Moritz Friess (Feinheit)
Martin Schweizer (Feinheit)
Luca Schafroth (Ateleris)
Flurin Jenal (Streax Games)
Gamepad Controls Assistance
Qizhu Xu (Streax Games)